WARNING: The Cytron engineering team has discovered that some BECs sold online, claiming to be 5V supplies, are actually 6V. Please do not use supplies of 6V or higher in conjunction with the controller's 5V pin, as doing so will damage the MCU of the controller.
SmartDriveDuo-30 is a versatile and powerful motor driver for combat robots, capable of driving two DC brushed motors in independent or mixed mode with ease via RC signals. With a peak current support of 80Amps per channel (1 second) and a continuous current of 30Amps per channel, this motor driver is ideal for medium power motors.
SmartDriveDuo-30 is perfect for a wide range of applications, including:
- Combat robots, for driving multiple motors with precision and ease.
- Robotics and automation systems that require a mix of independent and combined motor control.
- RC vehicles, such as remote-controlled cars, boats, and aircraft.
- Industrial control and automation processes, for precise and responsive control of multiple motors.
- Agricultural and mining equipment, for smooth and efficient operation of multiple motors.
- Remote control lawn mowers, for easy and efficient control of cutting and moving.
This motor driver is smart enough to accept a control signal from:
- RC (Radio Control)
- PWM of microcontroller
- Analog voltage of Potentiometer/Variable Resistor/Joystick
- UART data of microcontroller
This motor driver is suited for a brushed dc motor with the following specifications:
- Operating voltage from 7V to 35VDC
- Rated Current <= 30A
- Peak Current <= 80A
- Bi-directional control for dual brushed DC motor
- Support motor voltage from 7V to 35VDC
- Maximum current up to 80A peak (1 second), 30A continuous, each channel
- On board MOSFETs are switched at 18 KHz for quiet operation
- Regenerative Braking
- On board Error LEDs to indicate: (each channel)
- Input Error (Blinks 2 times)
- Under Voltage Warning (Blinks 3 times)
- Over Voltage Protection (Blinks 4 times)
- Over Temperature Protection (Blinks 5 times)
- Thermal protection.
- Current limit protection
- Multiple input modes:
- RC (Radio Control)
- Analog voltage from potentiometer/variable resistor/joystick
- PWM and DIR (sign-magnitude and locked-antiphase) from microcontroller
- Serial Simplified or Serial Packetized from microcontroller
- GROVE compatible connectors for control input
- RC (Radio Control) friendly connectors
- On board push buttons for fast test and manual operation
- On board LED indicators for Error, RUN, Over current, motor output, for each channel
- NO REVERSE POLARITY PROTECTION
- Dimension: 81.28mm(W) x 101.60mm (L) x 42mm (H)
Arduino Library and Example (Github)
Mounting Hole Dimensions:
18 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
I tried several cheap controllers before giving up and spending the money on this one. Well worth it. Super smooth and the features are perfect for my needs. If I decide to switch to using a microcontroller, it has that covered too. I mis wired it when I first installed it, shorted the BEC output (put one of the plugs in the wrong way), and the controller just blinked at me and did not fry. It's driving an rc lawnmower with two wheelchair motors at about 28v. They routinely hit 20A each, and full stall torque is near 70A. Works great.
Purchased two for remoter control lawn mower. They are excellent. Needed two for four wheel drive.
Easy to use and has features to test motors without rc controller hooked up.
Really like this motor controller, having the dip switches to fine-tune it's operation and the ease in which I was able to connect it to an RC receiver made this motor controller the perfect fit for my robot.
The MDDS30 was great. It looks clean and well made. It works exactly as advertised and made my build much easier. I had to return it because I needed bigger motors which will pull more current than the MDDS30 will support. I wish that was not the case. It was great to use.
Very happy with this product. Truly a plug-and-play device. I’m not savvy in the way of electronics and am stuck relying on reviews and directions and schematics. I literally hooked up both motors and the battery, plugged the R/C receiver in, and was up and running.
This product works perfectly as described. it is decisive and strong. I did the job for the project for which i bought it, and i will buy another for my next project! Note : the cables were not included as in the picture.