SmartDriveDuo-30 is a versatile and powerful motor driver for combat robots, capable of driving two DC brushed motors in independent or mixed mode with ease via RC signals. With a peak current support of 80Amps per channel (1 second) and a continuous current of 30Amps per channel, this motor driver is ideal for medium power motors.
SmartDriveDuo-30 is perfect for a wide range of applications, including:
- Combat robots, for driving multiple motors with precision and ease.
- Robotics and automation systems that require a mix of independent and combined motor control.
- RC vehicles, such as remote-controlled cars, boats, and aircraft.
- Industrial control and automation processes, for precise and responsive control of multiple motors.
- Agricultural and mining equipment, for smooth and efficient operation of multiple motors.
- Remote control lawn mowers, for easy and efficient control of cutting and moving.
This motor driver is smart enough to accept a control signal from:
- RC (Radio Control)
- PWM of microcontroller
- Analog voltage of Potentiometer/Variable Resistor/Joystick
- UART data of microcontroller
This motor driver is suited for a brushed dc motor with the following specifications:
- Operating voltage from 7V to 35VDC
- Rated Current <= 30A
- Peak Current <= 80A
- Bi-directional control for dual brushed DC motor
- Support motor voltage from 7V to 35VDC
- Maximum current up to 80A peak (1 second), 30A continuous, each channel
- On board MOSFETs are switched at 18 KHz for quiet operation
- Regenerative Braking
- On board Error LEDs to indicate: (each channel)
- Input Error (Blinks 2 times)
- Under Voltage Warning (Blinks 3 times)
- Over Voltage Protection (Blinks 4 times)
- Over Temperature Protection (Blinks 5 times)
- Thermal protection.
- Current limit protection
- Multiple input modes:
- RC (Radio Control)
- Analog voltage from potentiometer/variable resistor/joystick
- PWM and DIR (sign-magnitude and locked-antiphase) from microcontroller
- Serial Simplified or Serial Packetized from microcontroller
- GROVE compatible connectors for control input
- RC (Radio Control) friendly connectors
- On board push buttons for fast test and manual operation
- On board LED indicators for Error, RUN, Over current, motor output, for each channel
- NO REVERSE POLARITY PROTECTION
- Dimension: 81.28mm(W) x 101.60mm (L) x 42mm (H)
Arduino Library and Example (Github)
12 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
The MDDS30 was great. It looks clean and well made. It works exactly as advertised and made my build much easier. I had to return it because I needed bigger motors which will pull more current than the MDDS30 will support. I wish that was not the case. It was great to use.
Very happy with this product. Truly a plug-and-play device. I’m not savvy in the way of electronics and am stuck relying on reviews and directions and schematics. I literally hooked up both motors and the battery, plugged the R/C receiver in, and was up and running.
This product works perfectly as described. it is decisive and strong. I did the job for the project for which i bought it, and i will buy another for my next project! Note : the cables were not included as in the picture.
I installed this in a Wild thing power wheels that was practically given to me but it had a blown circuit board. Installed this motor driver and it’s so much fun, it can actually carry me, I can remote control the power wheels with an RC controller and I also added a joy stick. To switch nether en them I do have to plug two wires and flip a dip switch. But mainly use. Lots of fun, now I’m wondering where else can I use it.
PN00218-CYT14 MOTOR DRIVER 2 CHANNELS 30AMP 7V-35V DC SMARTDRIVEDOU MDDS30 is one of the best, I have tried other stuff ,but this one is so easy to set up and powerful,love it
Excellent drive easy to set up works flawlessly
its plug and play
Made a remote control lawn mower works great for it
Easy to wire up and durable so far