The MDD20A motor driver provides reliable and efficient bidirectional control of two high-power brushed DC motors, ranging from 6V to 30V. With its full discrete NMOS H-Bridge design, it can continuously support 20A per motor without the need for a heatsink. Unlike other motor drivers that often overrate their current capabilities based on MOSFET specifications, Cytron tests the MDD20A in real-life conditions to ensure accurate current ratings. By monitoring the temperature with a thermal camera during a full load test until stability is reached, Cytron guarantees the true performance of this motor driver.
The onboard test buttons and motors output LEDs allow functional test of the motor driver in a quick and convenient way without hooking up the host controller.
This motor driver can be controlled with PWM and DIR inputs. With input logic voltage range from 1.8V to 12V, it’s compatible with wide variety of host controller (e.g. Arduino, Raspberry Pi, PLC).
Various protection features are also incorporated in each channel of the MDD20A. Overcurrent protection prevents the motor driver from damage when the motor stalls or an oversized motor is hooked up. When the motor is trying to draw current more than what the motor driver can support, the motor current will be limited at the maximum threshold.
Assisted by temperature protection, the maximum current limiting threshold is determined by the board temperature. The higher the board temperature, the lower the current limiting threshold. This way, MDD20A able to deliver its full potential depending on the actual condition without damaging the MOSFETs.
Note: Power input does not have reverse-voltage protection. Connecting the battery in reverse polarity will damage the motor driver instantaneously.
- Bidirectional control for two brushed DC motors.
- Operating Voltage: DC 6V to 30V
- Maximum Motor Current (Each Channel): 20A continuous, 60A peak
- Buttons for quick testing.
- LEDs for motors output state.
- PWM and DIR inputs.
- Inputs compatible with 1.8V, 3.3V, 5V and 12V logic (Arduino, Raspberry Pi, PLC, etc).
- PWM frequency up to 20kHz (Output frequency is same as input frequency).
- Compatible with sign-magnitude and locked-antiphase PWM operation.
- Overcurrent protection with active current limiting.
- Temperature protection.
- Undervoltage shutdown.
Example Application: Automated Guided Vehicle (AGV), Solar Tracker, Game Simulator, Mobile Robot, Automation Machine.
- 1 x 20Amp 6V-30V DC Motor Driver (2 Channels)
- 4 x PCB Spacer