This is MD30C DC brushed motor driver that is designed to drive medium to high power brushed DC motor with output current up to 80A peak (1 second) and 30A continuously. Full NMOS(solid state) design not only provides faster switching time, it is also more efficient and no heatsink or fan is required to get 30A continuous in room temperature.
Besides that, MD30C also incorporates some user friendly features such as reverse polarity protection for Vin/Vmotor and onboard PWM generator which allows it to operate without additional controller. The motor can simply be controlled with the onboard switches and potentiometer. External switches and potentiometer can also be used.
If Switching Power Supply is being used as power source for MD30C, we recommend parallel it with same voltage battery. This is to absorb the re-gen power from motor. DC brushed motor will become generator when it is slow down and rotate by external force.
- Operating voltage from 5V to 30VDC
- Rated Current less or equals to 30A
- Peak Current less or equals to 80A
- Bi-directional control for 1 brushed DC motor, single channel
- Reverse polarity protection
- 3.3V and 5V logic level input
- Full NMOS H-Bridge for higher efficiency and no heat sink is required
- Brakes the motor when PWM pin is low (logic low)
- Speed control PWM frequency up to 20KHz (Actual output frequency is same as input frequency when external PWM is selected)
- Onboard PWM generator with switches and potentiometer for standalone operation
- Support both locked-antiphase and sign-magnitude for external PWM operation. Note: PWM is not "RC PWM"
I used this to drive a wheel chair motor in rather high torque conditions switching directions every couple tenths of a second. It worked fine. When mine was damage in my luggage I bought another. I have not used it more than 10 hours though.